Welcome to the Reading comprehension section of knowyourenglish.com.
Here you will find some general tips & points to remember when attempting
the reading passages section in GRE, TOEFL and IELTS and some practice
reading comprehension tests.
- Reading styles are subjective—there is no best method for
approaching the passages. A reading technique that is natural
for one person can be awkward and unnatural for another person.
So stick to your style.
- The subject matter of a passage can be almost anything,
but the most common themes are politics, history, culture, and
- Ability Tested
This question type tests your ability to understand, interpret,
and analyze reading passages on a variety of topics. Passages
are generally taken from the following categories:
- Biological science: passages about
botany, medicine, or zoology
- Physical science: passages about chemistry,
physics, or astronomy
- Humanities: passages about art, literature,
music, folklore, or philosophy
- Social studies: passages about history,
government, economics, or sociology